Friday, August 29, 2008

This is COOL. . .

Here is my baby GIRL. . .watching intently. . .



Here is what she was watching. . . 


And here is what she was doing. . .

That's right, this girl is smart.  She knows a good thing when she sees it.  I was very excited today to watch Sen. McCain's announcement.  Although, I had no idea who Sara Palin was or really much about her politics.  I did know she was a conservative, educated mom who runs her kids to hockey practice and doesn't put up with any crap back at the office.  I do know that I was getting a little sick of the conservative "good ole' boys club."  And I'm glad to see a little GOP shake up.

But what I'm most excited about is this, here was my baby girl sitting on my lap as we watched Gov. Palin give her speech, and she was waving and clapping at the T.V.  It struck me. . .in a few years when I tell her she can be anything she wants to be I will be telling the whole truth.  Because now here is a great example for her.  I also appreciated the example of Hilary Clinton (much to my husband's and in-laws dismay), although I did not agree with her politics I appreciated her education and tenacity to show young girls that they can achieve anything they want.  But now Ava can look at Gov. Palin and see someone who is an accomplished woman and mother of FIVE, and believes in individuals taking responsibility for themselves, who also believes a woman's "choice" is when she "chooses" to have sex, not when she is dealing with the consequence of that choice.  Politics aside, right or left aside. . .we all know women are much better at multitasking than men.  So on that note, GO MCCAIN/PALIN!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, you'll back on this first day of school on the day they graduate from high school and THEN you'll cry, hard!! It goes way too stinkin' fast, so enjoy every tiny moment. Second, WAY TO GO AVA!! Only one, and you've already got politics figured out...republican all the way.

Jill said...

First of all, I LOVE your new picture! What a gorgeous bunch you have. (You should be in there to add to the gorgeousness, but whatever.) GO AVA!! I too am so excited to have someone in there that I actually relate to. I hope that others will see the sense in his choice! I just love it when our kids surprise us with little moments like that when they show their true genius.....

Tana said...

Amen, sista. T