Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Who needs husbands anyway. . .

So last night I asked Quinn to put together this cool new laundry "butler" sorta thing.  I knew full well he would "forget" but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.  We all know "Call of Duty" is much more important. . .but alas I held out hope.  This morning I headed out to the gym and passed right by my new butler STILL IN THE FREAKING BOX. . .shocker.



So here I am with my two little "helpers" assembling away.  Now we all know how easy it is to put something together with 4 extra hands finding stuff for me and rearranging my piles.

Yes, this would have been much more difficult to do the night before without these little rugrats assistance.


But an hour and a half later here's what I had. . . taaadaaa.  I mean really, if it weren't for that whole eternal thing. . .husbands???


So while I am on the whole "I'll-do-it-myself-pitty-party"  I'll show you what else I did today. . 
Yep, the one on the right is 100% full of weeds.  Welcome to the ghetto.  We are pretty much white trash and I could NOT stand it a moment longer.  Asher and Ava were "helping" me for a while.  (I'm pretty sure there was more dirt on them than in the entire garden)  Anyway, then Ash went to play at Evan's and Ava went down for a nap.  Then Chris Daughtry and I had some quality time together!  Such great therapy, getting dirty with Mr. Daughtry blaring in my ears.

So I'm pretty sure if I pulled weeds more often than twice a summer I would reap more than just this. . .

I've concluded that gardens are just there to mock me and make me feel even more inadequate.  Damn, gardens and husbands. . .I really need a Diet Coke and maybe a trip to Nordstorm and the Apple store.

8 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I am SO glad you left a comment! I am totally going to keep tabs on you! :) I am LOVING the blog! Good job!

Robyn said...

I can only think of one word for you, my friend - - STELLAR!
Other than your garden.....it does need help. Come get some of my farm grown produce - it rocks this year for once.

Jill said...

I laughed my butt off at your produce! And am WAY impressed with the weeds and the laundry butler. I could use one of those....But I digress. At least you have a freakin garden to grow produce in. come and look at my OH, 2 ACRES of dirt (full of weeks and pasture...) that surround my house. The pity party will somewhat shrink. I'll join you for that Diet Coke though....

Jill said...

Not weeks....WEEDS.

Sorry for the typo.

Our Crazy Ride said...

Poor Quinn! When will you ever realize what a gem you have!! I think that women who complain about their husbands are the absolute lowest form of humans! Now you little ungrateful *&#$* get off the couch and cook him his favorite meal!

Lori Ann said...

You just ROCK my friend. I know what you are saying I even learned to puyll my trailer (I was that tired of waiting on Tom) heehee. If you want squash and zuccini and tomatoes (in another week) come down we have TONS!!!

ALICIA said...

Christa, I would agree, if it weren't for the eternal thing.....hmm...could they possibly be related????

Alysia Cook said...

Someday Quinn will realize how lucky he is to have you, until then, well, at least your kids are learning the ins and outs of putting together laundry butlers. If you need company on your trip to Nordstrom call me, or if you just need some pie. All we can do is take it a day at a time, sister...a day at a freakin time.