Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No longer in denial. . .

I've been in such denial that my baby is now ONE.  Simply typing the words makes the throw-up creep up into my mouth.  I kept thinking if I did not post it, my baby would still be a baby and not a growing-way-too-fast-one-year-old!  But alas, I must face reality and accept that I will never have a little baby again.  And while I LOVE every stage my yummy little rugrats go through I especially LOVE the 3-12 month stages.  

So here's a little reflection. . .
I will never forget the entire operating room squealing, "IT'S A GIRL!"  Quinn and the anestheologist were the only males in the room and NOBODY knew the sex of our baby (including us).  They just knew that we had two bouncing boys at home.  

There was no one person that said it was a girl, just a chorus of squeals, the excitement was almost tangible.  Then there was Quinn and I, completely shocked. . .we only knew how to have baby boys.  The first thing I said was, "are you sure?"  and Dr. Huggins replied with a quick bottom side peak over the curtain.  Quinn looked at our little girl and the first thing he said was, "little girl, you are going to cost me a lot of money."  He was so right on!  What a perfect morning that was. . .my little 8 pound 8 ouncer born on the 8th day of the 8th month!




Pink signs. . .who knew.  A big thanks to the Armstorngs for starting out the color invasion!


So here is my little girl clapping along to the singing of Happy Birthday.  Thanks to Ade for assisting in blowing out the candle.

Was she into the cake???  Not so much.  Yep, she was pretty much annoyed by it.  Her OWN cake, chocolate with butter cream frosting in the shape of a flower. . .and all she can do is turn up her cute little nose!



Thanks for at least messing it up a bit, sissy.


Here are the party goers.  Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, Papa, Aunt Sue, Uncle Kev, Val, Taylor, Heather, Issac, the Birds, and the Armstrongs.  I think the Bird's won the most innovative-we-know-this-little-girl-gift.  They brought Ava a giant bag of Sonic ice!!!  And we all know how she (and her mom) loves Sonic ice!



This is a little guitar/cart thing from grandma and grandpa.  Ava thought it was more fun to have Macie pull her around in the cart.  It was a really fun night and I didn't even cry.  Thanks to everyone for coming and helping Ava celebrate!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Oh she is so stinkin cute. I could bite her! (But I won't.)

Happy Birthday, cute little girl! We'll have to actually meet in person one of these days. You and Presley would have a ball together!

Alysia Cook said...

I love that girl, she is so cute and she knows what she wants. I love the pic with the cake and the upturned nose...heehee. Gotta love the moments that give you a good reason to throw a party.

Robyn said...

She is adorable! And you are a GREAT mom!
Love all the 8's for her birth!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

OK, I seriously got teary with the whole "first touch" picture! Look at her little clutch on your finger! I LOVE that!

I can't believe it has been almost a year since we set up this blog! TIME FLIES!

Tana said...

Along with Amy I got goosebumps and teary at the "first touch" picture. So yummy! Pink rules!

Taking Flight said...

I'm glad you finally came out of denial my friend...she is such an adorable girl, worth all the work !!!:) It is unfair how fast they grow up, but seriously would you want to have sleepless nights for any longer than necessary!?!? lol