Thursday, July 24, 2008

Things a baby girl LOVES. . .



This crazy baby. . .she LOVES ice.  If she hears the clankity clank of ice swirling around in your cup she goes all sorts a postal.  When I looked at her today I saw her reaching into the cooler and grabbing out a big ole' piece of ice.  And I'm pretty sure she does not have temperature sensors in her hands.  She will grip a piece of ice or popsicle until it is gone.  One of these days I'll have to post a pic of her baby birding ice out of Quinn's or my mouth.  This ice infatuation is quite ironic since I craved and chewed ice from 4 months on when I was pregnant with her.  They told me I was anemic but now I'm pretty sure it was this little thing making her demands known.

Another thing she LOVES. . .well, we all love him.  Gus is such a great dog and soooo tolerant of the kids.  When Aiden was almost one he would grab fist fulls of Gus's fur and yank.  Then Ade would pull himself up and with Aiden still holding on Gus would slowly walk.  Yep, our dog taught our first born  to walk.  Another fine example of stellar parenting.

Here are Ava and Gus displaying mutual admiration.  When Ava sees Gus she points at him and goes, "uuuuuuuu."  Love it!


Gus came up and sat next to Ava knowing full well that this was going to happen.  But really, who minds a little tugging. . .

When there is a lot of smooching to follow.  Ava giggles her little head off when Gus showers her with kisses!


And while we are on the topic of obsessions. . .what the crap am I going to do with this little punk?  Yes, he is freakin' cute, but really, this binkie. . .eieieieyyyyiiii.  He is doing better leaving the binkie out during the day, except today. . .busted.  Anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Lori Ann said...

Send Ava over anytime for some girlie dos. ;)

Jennifer said...

Hey Christa! Mason had his pacie until he was 4 or 5! I purchased some pacies that were for small babies and gave them to him. When he told me it wasn't right I told him he must be growing up to a big boy and the pacies don't fit his mouth anymore. After that the pacies didn't really seem that important to him. Hope this helps.