Thursday, July 24, 2008

Will Work For Boat Gas. . .

In these tough economic times my kids decided to take matters into their own hands. . .I mean someone has got to pay for the gas in dad's boat.  Yep, we did a "refreshment stand" not the normal lemonade stand due to the lack of lemonade.  They had a great time and at the end of the day we had most of the neighborhood hangin with us.  We served up some Crystal Light, an assortment of soda, and some yummy chocolate rice krispy treats.  Yep, I was just about as tired after the "stand" closed as I am at the end of a shift in the E.R.  But hey, can you put a price on some awesome summertime memories?  Here are a few shots from our day. . .

One of our favorite customers of the day, Ed Gorder and Tyler really pumped the kids with soda and lots of treats purchase.  Ed is such great guy, thanks Ed, you really made the kids' day!


Taking a break, can you see the red mustaches on their faces. . .yep, drinking up all the profit!

Here is a pic of the corporate headquarters. . .notice the sweet sign.

How much do I LOVE this photo, my two babies, joining in mutual admiration.  I hope they will always love each other.

Okay, so maybe the moment was fleeting, but couldn't you just eat little Ash us with a spoon.  The princess is pretty much over it.  
And one last one, my baby growing up way too fast.  HATE it!  She had a great day hangin with bros and their buddies.  This little girl LOVES the outdoors.  We were outside for  about 4 hours and she was soooo low maintenance the whole time.  Yummy baby!
So all said and done, the kids made about 10 bucks (2 bucks each).  So if Ash and Ade combine their earnings they could put almost a whole gallon of gas in dad's boat.  Oh well, they are well on their way to corporate America!

3 comments:

Lori Ann said...

I am so sorry I missed this great endeavor. I need to go THRU the sub-division more often. I am proud of your little entrepreneurs. What a good way to help mom and dad. ;)

Jill said...

Okay, your kids are yummy enough to eat with a spoon. And we have some serious matchmaking to do when Aiden and Parker are old enough! He is one handsome kid. And Ash and Ava too...you are blessed my friend!

Mrs. Jones said...

Holy Cow! When did this baby grow up? I hate it too! I wish they were little forever and ever!