Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ross Park Extravaganza!

I was so ready to just chill at home and get stuff done when my friend Alysia called and put the little Ross Park bug in my ear.  I tried and tried to fight it off but I knew the kids would have so much fun.  There were 5 of us moms and about a million kids that went.  Alysia's husband, Collin, had the day off so he joined us.  What a good sport.  He looked a little like he may be visiting from Texas, although none of us had the cool swoopy, long, "sister-wife" like hair.  It was a great teasing moment and Collin took it all is stried.  And it was great having our own personal photographer.  As a side note Collin was confronted by the Park staff wondering why he was taking so many photos of all these kids.  It was great, I can totally see me getting my headlights on high beam when some dude is taking pics of kids of lots of little kids.  Another good laugh.  Thanks Collin.
So my kids had a beyond wonderful time.  And I only developed 3 new ulcers.  Next time I will be smart like my other friends who brought three small kids. . .bring a spouse or a babysitter.  I was on high alert keeping a close eye on Ash and not dropping Ava as she squirmed to get out of my arms.  I wasn't crazy worried about Aiden drowning cause that kid has mad skills but I was quite worried about him going off on his own and coming across Chester the Molester. 
 Aiden had a wonderful time with two of his favorite things, buddies and water.  He checked in often and stayed with his friends.  
Ash is getting so brave and starting to develop his own gills.  He was a crazy man in the kiddie pool, going down the slide and dunking his head.  I'm not sure there is anything cuter than these 2 beautiful blue eyes coming out of the water accompanied by the hugest smile cause he is so proud of his new found bravery.  Loved it!
Then there was little Miss Ava. . .so naughty.  EVERY time I put her down at the edge of the pool she was off and crawling like she was on fire.  She went straight for the water.  There is a gentle slope and she would crawl until her hands and knees could no longer touch.  Not caring in the least that she was taking on water.  She coughed and gagged and went right back to crawling into the depths.  I'm pretty sure my kids have been never really transitioned to breathing air, they are still stuck in breathing fluid mode.
We had a wonderful time, despite my irrational fears, no one drowned or was scooped away by Chester.   Just another great summer day.  Next time we'll make dad come and get water logged with us!  Here are a few pics from our day.









2 comments:

Taking Flight said...

Looks like so much FUN!!!! Determination must run in the Stufflebeam Family, the looks on the Kids face are priceless!!!

Alysia Cook said...

That was a fun day!!!