Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend in the Woods

We loaded up the hoodlums and headed north to Island Park.  Quinn's mom and dad have a sweet cabin on the lake and it is dreamy!  We took an extra day on each end of the weekend so it made for a nice and relaxing stay.  I even kicked Dewey's trash during a mean game of Harts.  He always beats the crap outta me so this time luck was on my side.
Quinn got up at the butt cracka on Friday and went with his buddies to set up the "course."  Long gone are the days of slappin on a ski and heading out which ever direction is the smoothest.  Now we have balls, zip ties, pvc pipe, and all sorts a complicated stuff.  I'm so grateful that he has buddies to help him put all that crap together cause I remember a few times putting the course in when I had the divorce attorney on speed dial.
Anyway, we all had a great time skiing, tubing, chillin, and eating.  Joyce and Dewey were with us and the kids loved hangin with them.  Not to mention that Joyce is an awesome cook so we were pretty pimped out.
The big news was Quinn "nailing 28 off" almost everytime he went out to ski.  And he "never skies well at Island Park."  So that was a great confidence builder heading into a couple tournaments in the next couple of weeks.  And Aiden took off the "cheater rope" on his skies.  So now it is all him holding himself up from behind the boat.  My memory card was on the fritz so I don't have photos of him skiing but here are some from tubing the next day.

Asher and dad.  Can you tell how much Quinn is loving this.  When we were kidless he swore we would "never do such a wally thing like pulling a tube behind a sweet comp ski boat."  Alas, how times change!
Ash was trying to get brave enough to pick up speed.  Love this face!



Then there is Mr. Daredevil.  This kid makes me crazy, it was never fast enough.  I thought he was going to get freaked out and let Quinn know he'd had enough. . .not so much.

This is his bored pose, the "I'm so over this."  Quinn saw his cockyness and said "oh no you didn't."  The throttle went from 0 to 60 in about 2.2 and the next thing we saw was this. . .

Ade, your dad will school you when it comes to water sports.  At least for the next couple of years.


Don't you just want to nibble on those yummmy thighs.   I love this little bug!


She's trying to figure out a way to get down to her brothers. . .a work them over!





For these reasons and many more, I love summer.  I hope yours is going well!

2 comments:

Lori Ann said...

I am laughing soooooo hard at Quinn schooling Adien on the tube. That was a GREAT fuzzy picture. heehee.

Alysia Cook said...

Awesome pics, I love the scared Asher face...priceless.