Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kindercup!!

Last weekend we busted over to Sun Valley for the annual Kindercup!!  It is such a cool little race over on Dollar Mountain.  Aiden loves is so we made a day trip of it.  Jenn's kids were really sick that weekend so instead of a three day trip the kids and I got up at the "cracka" on Saturday morning and had a fun day on the mountain.  Quinn had gone over on Thursday night so he could get some "freshies" on the big mountain Friday.  I know, I'm a total rock star wife--I'm just making my little deposits on the Audi A6 coming my way when we have outgrown car seats!!

Anyway, on to the pics!

Here are my three boys cruising up the chair lift.  It makes me throw up in my mouth to think that my little baby Ash is big enough to do this and start hangin' with the "two older boys."  



I have these three trained. . .there will be no fun or goofing around till mom gets a great photo--so smile and wave!!  OH, and Ade got some poles, this is the maiden voyage with the new sticks.  He was thinking he was pretty cool stuff with those bad boys.



Now, check out this little thing of beauty. . .can you even stand how yummy she is!!!  It looks like her cheeks are a bit red from the cold. . .but alas, it is just from me nibbling too much---I mean really, how do you see that face and NOT take a little nibble and smooch on it???



This is where the little peanut hung out for most of the day--about 4 hours.  I wonder why my back was on fire that night, hmmmm.  I'm thinking she gained about 20 pounds in that small amount time.  But it was helpful to not have to worry about where she was running off to!


So when Aiden and Quinn were up on the bigger area of the mountain getting ready for the race Ash was dying.  He wanted to "shred" soooooo bad.  I wasn't sure how far he progressed with Quinn last time so I told him I could help him with his skies but I couldn't go up with him. . ."dats okay, mom, I can todeally do it."  Alright buddy, let's get those skies on.  Another easy thing to do with a 25 pound sleeping baby strapped to your back.  Two herniated disks later he had those skies on and was ready to rip!

What a little stud--all by himself and no fear!  I found out later (via Quinn) that he can't go down by himself.  Hmmmm, well, he can now!!  It was awesome.  He was doing little turns and "shredding" away.  He got down and told me he wanted to "shred again, mom."




Here is the little racer!  This picture was taken after the race. . .he had slowed down right before the exit gates cause he "wanted to spray" the people giving out the little awards.  Little ding bat--  I think his final time was about 43 seconds.  You go dude.


And here is the little man blowing around those gates--sweet form!



And here are the little ding dongs about 2 minutes into the drive home.  Do ya think they may have been a bit tired. . . It was a pretty fun day, even though four hours were spent in the car!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love that you're blogging again....more frequently rather.

Your boys are to die for-and that girl. Rosy cheeks and all.

Looks like fun!

Tana said...

I love how trained your family is to smile and wave for the camera. At least you counterbalanced a little, camera in the front, baby in the back. I don't know how you do it. Also, love the more frequent blog posts.

Unknown said...

I want to go next time and ride that track thing up with Asher! That looks cool. Aiden...you are a total rock star, dude.

Robyn said...

GREAT pictures, Christa!

I wanna have a skiing fam....

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/pilihan-pinjaman-online-jika-blt-umkm-rp24-juta-tak-cair