Thursday, March 12, 2009

SEVEN??? What the HELL--SEVEN!!!!

So the boys had a dental appointment the other day. . .the first for Ash and, quite possibly the last for Ade.  It actually worked out great to have them at the same time.  Seeing Aiden sitting in the chair (not afraid) really helped put Ash at ease.The two ding dongs hanging out and waiting for the teeth cleaning fest. . .




Here is Asher---smiling--for now. . .




But alas. . .it doesn't last long.  He did NOT enjoy the scrapey thing on his teeth.  I don't blame him--I hate that sound/feeling.  So the teary eyes started but he was trying really hard to be so brave.  Love this little dude.

I'm pretty sure this next pic should be in an ad for a pediatric dentist. . .

Poor little man-I saw that look in his eyes and I wanted to do the ole' scoop and run.  But I've tried to squash the 'helicopter mom' mode in my psyche.  

He is holding on to his way-to-big-headphones trying so hard to focus on the cartoon playing above him.



Here is Ash after the cleaning and the exam by our friend and dentist, Damon.  They are posing to show how much the "upper and lower teeth gap" that was caused by his binkie is closing up.  I'll have to find a comparison picture because it really is amazing how much that gap has closed up in the last 4 months.  And I WILL be doing a post on that momentous 'giving up the binkie' day.  



Now, on to the what the hell part. . .aarrrrgggg!
 
All I have to say is it's a good thing that Aiden in smart--cause the above is a picture of this college education!  The little hoser has SEVEN, yes, S-E-V-E-N cavities.  What the crap is that about.  I just about stroked out when Damon was counting the "spots" on the X-ray!!

I guess this a prime example of giving your oldest too much credit/responsibility.  I need to be a better nazi of the teeth brushing ritual.  Duh. . .  The night is just so crazy and there is so much to get done. . .I just let him be in charge of his own brushing.   Well, that is a thing of the past.  I nearly made his gums bleed when I got out the Brillo pad to "brush" his teeth the night following the appointment.


Enjoy that laughing gas, Ade, cause when your dad finds out--the laughing part will be OVER.  Oh, speaking of. . . Q is such a softie/big talker.  When I gave Q the news his mouth gaped open then some explicits flew out.  Followed by, "I'm going to take that game back," and "no new toys" and all sorts of what for. . . 

Big Talker Betty Crocker.  Here is how it really went, Q-- "Ade how many cavities did you have?"  A-- "well, 6 now."  (he got one filled today)  and Q--"what's up with that dude?"  ohhhhh, scarreeee dad.  So lame, why do I always have to be the heavy. . .whatever.


I can almost detect a little smirk on that little punk's face--maybe he is just laughing at the cartoon playing above.  He'll think funny when he goes back TWO more times for the rest of the fillings.  I need to tell Damon not to be so good when giving the numbing shot--Ade barely felt it.  I think a good dose on pinch/sting will carry a lot of mileage when it comes time to brush teeth!  Ya, go ahead, call C.P.S.  maybe the good people of the State of Idaho can pick up his dental bill!

Peace out!

3 comments:

Tana said...

That is serious. Love Ade's long hair. T

Jill said...

Your post gave me nightmares as we were taking ours to the dentist on Monday. (And it made me laugh out loud, so thanks for that...love escaping if only for a moment.)

Gratefully, we escaped with only 2 cavities out of three children- both Pacie. I too am now the toothbrush nazi.

However, we did not escape without the dreaded, "You'll need to get a consultation with the orthodontist for Parker. Her jaw is not long enough to accomodate...blah blah blah money!"

So, next week, off to the Ortho. She's 7 for pete's sake. Honestly.

The Leavitts said...

Wow! That gives me hope that Sayer's gap will close!! By the way, I had 10 cavities when I was Adian's age!!