Thursday, March 5, 2009

Some Chinese snake confidence and a sweet hairdo. . .


Is that a sweet hairdo or what??  Well, at least I know he is wearing his hat at recess.  Looking a little ghetto but at least we have warded of the ear infections.  Oh, another thing about 'the hair'. . .Ade has decided to "grow it out."  Yep, he is going for the skater dude look--long and shaggy.  It is driving his dad crazy and I think it is endearing.  (but really, almost everything this little 7 year old does I think is endearing.)  Quinn says, "it looks like we can't afford a freaking hair cut for our kid--just take him in for a little trim."  My response, "have you seen the housing market. ."



Okay on to the confidence thing.  Last month in the first grade they studied the Chinese New Year and Ade was obsessed with finding out which animal each of us were, including grand parents.  One night while looking at the calender he made (above and below) I was reading all the thing about the snake-Aiden's animal.  After reading it I snickered a bit and Ade's reply was, "but mom, ALL those things are true and he said it so matter-of-factly, that's what made us laugh.  Quinn just gave me that raised eyebrow expression to which I replied--"he's your son."
And here is the one whom "possesses such great wisdom"  (that part he gets from his mom) working on his homework.  I do have to say, I hope all my kids tackle homework like this little dude does.  For the most part, he comes home from school and pull it right out.  I rarely have to remind him to get it done.  Yea--I don't think I could handle one more bargaining session.

We love you so much, Ade, hairdo, snake-like confidence and all!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You are so lucky to have a child who does his homework so well...good job!!! And if I remember right, Quinn had some long hair in his younger days, right?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi! I saw you at the gym...You are a MACHINE!!! good job!

Harmony

Tana said...

I love his confidence. That is, after all, half the battle in most things. No wonder he is so good doing his homework. Smart little dude that he is.

Unknown said...

Ade, I totally agree with you. You are definately all the qualities of the snake...way to rock! It's better than what I am...a rat (maybe that's why I married Uncle Kevin, you know, rat FINK!)